In line with the celebration of the Drug Abuse Prevention and Control Week, the City Mayor’s Office – Youth Affairs in partnership with the Iligan City Anti-Drug Abuse Council (ICADAC) is calling of participants for the BALAK COMPETITION.
-This competition is open exclusively to participants from Iligan ages 15 – 30 years old.
– Each entry should be a composition using the vernacular, Bisaya .
-Entries must be a minimum of two (2) minutes but not to exceed three (3) minutes.
-The content of the Balak must not be disrespectful to the public morals; it must not contain indecent language; and it must encourage goodwill to the people of Iligan.
– The Balak must be about the theme “Addressing Drug Challenges in Health and Humanitarian Crises #CareInCrises”.
-The BALAK piece entered for the competition must be an original work, not yet published in any platforms.
– The content of the Balak should have correct rhyming, and cadence should be observed at all times.
– Performance Date will be on November 21, at the City Public Plaza. 1pm
– Performers may dress according to their preference BUT obscene clothings are not allowed
– The use of props and background music is not allowed
-Copy of the entry must be sent through email to the following address: [email protected] ON or BEFORE NOVEMBER 14, 2022, until 5:00 pm only
-Only entries submitted on the said date are to be declared as official participants for the contest proper
-The Decision Of The Board Of Judges Is Final And Irrevocable.