Umbrella – Iligan’s Joint Photographers Society in Partnership with Iligan City Tourism Office calling all Enthusiast in photography, Amateurs and Professionals to Join this activity.
1. The Diyandi Festival Photo Contest 2023 shall have two categories: Religious and Cultural. For Religious events, coverage is from September 20 to 29, 2023. Specifically, the “Pagpakanaug ni Sr. San Miguel” on the 20th, the “Procession of Sr. San Miguel” on the 29th, and other fiesta-related religious activities in between. For Cultural, this will be exclusively about the “Street Dancing Competition” on September 27.
2. Only digital photographs taken with dSLR, mirrorless, and point & shoot cameras will be allowed. No smartphones, drones, and action cameras. Minimum photo size is 10 megapixels. Submit only JPG files.
3. Only minimal computer enhancements are allowed. Specifically, these will be limited to color correction, sharpness, minor dodging/burning (or shadow/highlight control), and contrast adjustments. No infrared, black and white, sepia, mono/duotone, and high dynamic range (HDR) images allowed. Submit both original untouched photo and the edited version. Please shoot in JPG, or RAW + JPG but submit only the JPG.
4. No cropping is allowed.
5. Entries must be exclusive to this contest, unpublished, and must not have been submitted as an entry to other contests nor posted on social media (Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, etc.). You may use your photos elsewhere later after announcement of winners.
6. A contestant may submit up to three entries per category, and the entries must not have the same or similar subjects. We do not allow sharing of pictures for entries, nor sharing of cameras. Thus, participants shall have their own cameras, and not lend it to others to take pictures for this contest. Participants sharing cameras shall be disqualified.
7. Rename the filenames of your entries to “firstname_lastname_category_1.jpg,” the last digit to be changed depending on your number of entries. Do not rename the original files. (Don’t worry, your name in the filenames will not be known to the judges.)
8. All entries must be submitted by email to [email protected]. Deadline is 11:59 p.m. on October 4, 2023. If possible, group all your entries in one email with your full name in the subject line. If your photos will exceed your email provider’s size quota, send the other photos in separate email/s and add “Part 2” in the subject line after your full name. Include your address and contact number in the body of the letter.
9. Prizes are as follows: P7,000 for the 1st prize, P5,000 for 2nd, and P3,000 for 3rd plus trophy in each category. There will be five consolation prizes of P1,000 plus certificate per category.
10. The participants shall allow the City Tourism Office and the City Government of Iligan to use the entries for promotional purposes without any further compensation.
11. Please register here: https://forms.office.com/r/bxqBZgXXJ3 (or scan the QR code). Registration deadline is 11:59 p.m. on September 19, 2023. The form will automatically close at midnight.