The City Tourism Office invites all Iliganon music enthusiasts and songwriters to join the “Bisita Iligan Promotional Jingle” contest.
Guidelines and mechanics are as follows:
1. The “Bisita Iligan Promotional Jingle” contest is open to all bona fide residents of Iligan City.
2. Registration is free via Google Form (https://forms.gle/WS3vpAbN6M7V6ZeFA)
3. The schedule of the event is as follows:
Registration – October 7-20, 2022
Deadline of Submission – October 20, 2022 11:59pm (Submitted entry must be FINAL and in CLEAN COPY)
Recording of Top 4 – October 24, 2022
Awarding – October 27, 2022 (Robinsons Place Iligan)
4. Upon registration, the participants must upload one (1) valid ID and Barangay Certificate as proof of residency and email them to [email protected]
5. The final music entries will be played and aired during the Closing Program of the “Pasundayag Sa Iligan” and the launching of the “Bisita Iligan” Promotional Campaign material – an event calendared for the month, on October 27, 2022, at the Robinsons Place Iligan.
6. The outputs produced by the participants shall form part of the property of the Local Government Unit (LGU) of Iligan.
7. All announcements prior to the Grand Finals will be done and posted on Viva Turismo Iligan official Facebook Page.
8. The verdict of the Board of Judges is final and irrevocable.
MECHANICS & GUIDELINES
1. The jingle composition must be an original composition (lyrics/message, musical arrangement).
2. The jingle may be in any musical genre appropriate for a promotional video.
3. The song’s theme must revolve around the overall tourism and culture of Iligan City, its people, and its beauty and why visitors should come and visit Iligan.
4. The song’s lyrics may be in the Visayan/Cebuano, Tagalog or English language. One or a combination of musical instruments may be used.
5. Song entries must not exceed four (4) minutes, including intro and extro.
6. The song entry must not have been used in any previous competitions or commercially released (i.e., recorded and commercially distributed, sold to the public, or uploaded on any online/social media platforms).
7. Words with registered trademarks/brand names and explicit and offensive lyrics are prohibited.
8. All submitted song entries, including their composition and arrangement, shall be considered FINAL and cannot be modified or altered. However, the Grand Prize-winning song may be enhanced for promotional purposes upon the consultation and approval of the composer.
9. Song lyrics must be encoded and saved in PDF format, Arial Font, Font Size 12, Line/Paragraph Spacing 1.5 and audio file in mp3 format and must be submitted to [email protected] on or before October 20, 2021, 11:59 pm.
10. The composer has the sole discretion and right to choose/assign the interpreter, producer, and arranger to be used for the recording of the entries. Moreover, the City Tourism Office reserves the right to assign a performer for the Grand Prize winner especially in the production of the jingle for promotional purposes.
11. The participants shall provide the desired instruments which will be used in the recording. A recording venue is provided by the organizers.
12. The participants must signify that their entries are all original and had not been used nor published in any modes of publication prior to the competition. Additionally, they must agree that the City Government of Iligan may use their works for promotional purposes.
13. Any violent words, reprehensible behavior, or foul lyrics that could encourage harmful conduct and or damage to the organizers and the City Government premises and properties will result in automatic disqualification of the participating team.
14. Except for the rules mentioned above, which merit automatic disqualifications, any violation of the above guidelines shall result in a 2-point deduction from the overall score.
15. The City Government of Iligan shall own winning entries. They may be officially used in all functions with proper attribution to the winning band/composer.